Athi Water Services Board (AWSB) is a state corporation under the Ministry of Water and Irrigation constituted to provide water and sewerage services in:
- Kiambu East
- Kiambu West
- Nairobi City
It has Contracted Verve to implement an asset management system to manage their ground assets in these areas. It is mandated to implement various water facilities including piping, boreholes, drainage, water network systems among others. The project is financed by various bodies including the government of Kenya, and other foreign bodies.
The asset management system will handle the following:
- Creation of a contract between the funding body and Athi water
- Creation of a contract between Athi water and other organizations that will carry out the actual work of the various projects (mainly water service providers)
- After the contract has been created, a project is then created (the contract was for the implementation of the said project) and the project is divided into phases.
- Implementation of the phases in the project starts and so various components that make the project are defined e.g pipes, meters, boreholes, and taps among others)
- At the end of the project a main asset is created e.g. a network in Thika that encompasses all these said assets
- The system will facilitate all these activities and at the end have a main assets that is formulated with other sub small assets.